CJP's

Friday, April 20, 2007

Not Really "Frowning" As Much As "Saddened", Or Something Like That I'm Sure

So I dreamed about you last night
and I haven't in so long it came as
a little bit of a shock,
like sucking up a seed
when you're drinking lemonade
of the freshly squeezed sort
in a big paper cup with a
wide plastic straw

You'd draped a tree in a giant white sheet
and you peered out at me and invited me in
for tea and sausages
I drifted in but carefully as not to
disrupt the little fort
that delicately hung on early spring
blossoms that covered the
gently sagging branches

I sat on the towels you'd layed out
and asked you "why towels?"
and you replied that the grass was a bit
wet with dew and you didn't want
me to dampen my stockings
and I said "how very thoughful of you"
to which you simply nodded

We ate and said nothing
nothing at all
and you barely looked at me,
nor did I glance at you
and when I was done
I thanked you for the lovely time
and you said that I was welcome

As I left, you handed me a rock
and told me it was my ticket back here
and pointed to a big smooth lake
and said that if I stood by it in my sleep
and dipped the rock in the water
I could come back any time for
more tea and sausage
Anonymously Posted at 2:59 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home