CJP's

Friday, December 22, 2006

A conversation between Isak and Sara as told by the strawberry plant that heard all their whispered secrets

Part I. in which Isak worries

I remember how we began, you were both wind and shore
always pushing me towards you and keeping me at bay
until i could find the strength in one tidal rush
to mingle us forever. But even floods will recede,
your sand could absorb me, pull me below the surface
and send me back through underground streams
to the lonely ocean's loveless starfish arms.
i never wanted to define you, just fill your empty spaces
the way you fill mine. show me where you are still empty
so that i can understand, if not fill. Am i inadequate?
I believed myself invited, but I've always feared this caper
wasn't meant for me. A dangling teasing ploy of the gods
to prove me unworthy. An insecurity it's true,
but an emotion nevertheless. Lets trade acceptances
show our true colors, just for a moment, without judgment

Part II. in which Sara responds

The ocean, waves. A good metaphor for you.
Water always made me feel clean again, as you do.
A metaphor for me? A horse perhaps. Not wild,
or untamed. Just unbridled. Unreigned. My choice
to remain here. I've heard "the grass is always greener"
That's why I keep this pile of old lawn clippings.
I taste them now and then. Grind them in my teeth
and smooth them over my tongue, then spit them out.
The way a chewed mint leaf converts tap water
into a mountain spring, almost painfully refreshing
Not that i think of you as tap water, no. No metaphor
is perfect. As I am not. I want you to see merely this:
I'm here at your side. I wont be leaving. I know what's
out there, and I see it for what it is. A boundless prairie,
yes. But too open. Too wide. Too spacious. What good
is it to me? We dont need fences or walls. You are not
safer, or closer, or easier, or lesser, You are just You.
And that Youness is what makes Me choose We. We are the
magnetic pulling of the moon and the earth. Cosmic
knitting, invisible threads, together We constellate the sky
Anonymously Posted at 1:42 PM

6 Comments:

thank you, I'll tell Isak you found this for us.

2:46 PM  

ISAK WHO


::wink!::

3:59 PM  

SILLY YOU!

::wink::

LOL!ing

5:47 PM  

What About Sigrid?

6:22 PM  

i believe Sigrid was just like "say whaaaa?"

1:47 AM  

scandalous!

2:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home